Women of the Bible [Part 3]

Mary Magdeline 

By Sheilla Mo


As we learnt with Sarah,let us take notes from Marry as well.


The Past


^ She was despised by others because she used to be a prostitute but Jesus looked beyond her mistakes.



The latter

^ Marry was there for Jesus until the end..
Matthew 27:61 GNB
Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were sitting there, facing the tomb.

^ She gave Jesus something that was so precious to her...
I personally love perfumes and I'm pretty sure women in general have a thing for perfumes as well.This perfume that cost a whole years wages must have been really something to be recorded in the bible.Judas even criticised her thinking that it was wasted but Marry was only expressing how much she adored Jesus iregardless of what others thought of her actions.

^ Marry was the firs person Jesus saw after He resurrected...


[John 20:11-18 GNB]
Mary stood crying outside the tomb. While she was still crying, she bent over and looked in the tomb and saw two angels there dressed in white, sitting where the body of Jesus had been, one at the head and the other at the feet. “Woman, why are you crying?” they asked her. She answered, “They have taken my Lord away, and I do not know where they have put him!”  Then she turned round and saw Jesus standing there; but she did not know that it was Jesus. “Woman, why are you crying?” Jesus asked her. “Who is it that you are looking for?” She thought he was the gardener, so she said to him, “If you took him away, sir, tell me where you have put him, and I will go and get him.”  Jesus said to her, “Mary!” She turned towards him and said in Hebrew, “Rabboni!” (This means “Teacher”.)    “Do not hold on to me,” Jesus told her, “because I have not yet gone back up to the Father. But go to my brothers and tell them that I am returning to him who is my Father and their Father, my God and their God.”  So Mary Magdalene went and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord and related to them what he had told her.



What can I learn from Mary Magdeline?

√ Do not be ashamed to speak about Jesus...
√ Pour your heart out to Jesus..cry if you have to...
√ Give Jesus the very best of you and what you have...
√ Put Jesus first and he will do the same for you...
√ Marry proved her love to Jesus and Jesus did even more for  her.
√ She was the one who broke the news that Jesus is alive
    (What a privilege!)
√ Fight the good fight and persevere until the end...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus's greatest Testimony

My Journal Notes;The main thing we do on the Alter...

10 confessions of who I am in Christ